As one of our design and build coaches, Glenna helps faith-based organizations execute on their goal of starting a faith-based school. In doing so Glenna draws about the breadth of her background which includes the essential elements of a school – administration, occupational instruction, reading intervention, special education, and elementary education. She is a life-long Lutheran, being an active member in church teaching Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and serving in other church activities. Glenna and Mark have three daughters – Kimberly, Heidi and Ashley. She enjoys spending time with her daughters and three grandsons.
Glenna has over 40 years of experience in education in four different states; her relevant experience includes:
- Dean of Instruction where she worked with teachers to improve their instructional techniques in the classroom.
- Early Reading Intervention Specialist where she worked with young elementary school children to get them back to a reading level appropriate for their grade.
- Special Education Teacher where she worked in resource rooms for K-12 that pulled students out of the regular classroom to provide education relevant to their individualized needs.
- Classroom Teacher for a variety of elementary grade levels, which included training and supervision of student teachers.
- Special Education for Severe and Profound where she designed work programs and taught life skills to students aged 16-21 who came from areas throughout the state.
- Adjunct Professor where she designed her course to train college students how to teach reading and writing in elementary schools and work with struggling readers and writers.
Masters of Education Reading and Learning Disabilities
Northern Arizona University
University of Phoenix
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
University of Wyoming
Bachelor of Science in Special Education
Utah State University
Connect with the Soaring Education Services team on a free discovery call where they’ll help you explore your goals and identify the community you’d like to serve.
The Soaring Education Services team will craft a custom strategy to help meet your goals.
The Soaring Education Services team brings the process, structure, and expertise needed to design and build your Christian school.